CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

beauty #10: my ama(XI)ng sorority


it's over....my very LAST recruitment...and it was so very bittersweet. bitter because it was my very last one...ever. i can't believe this weekend was the last time those beautiful sorority house doors will fly open and i will chant and cheer and scream at the top of my lungs. sweet because all of our hard work brought us one of the most amazing and beautiful pledge classes yet! they are all SO wonderful and perfect in their own very special way...i have never been prouder. so for it to be my last recruitment, it's definitely a wonderful note to end on.


some highs & lows of the weekend: whitney lott was a rho gamma (pi chi's at other schools)...and i missed her like crazy!! i cried hysterically when she came running back to our house but i have never loved or appreciated her more...SO happy she is back HOME. (if i could play a song right now...it would be "home"-chantal kreviazuk...she wrote us the lyrics in her letter to the chapter and i squalled like a baby) me and my best friend laid in bed and cried when we realized it would be our last preference ceremony ever...and for those that dont know..best is our membership vp (aka big boss lady in charge of recruitment). she worked so incredibly hard...i was so proud. our recruitment video was amazing...i cant wait to get a copy of it to keep forever. i was honored and truly blessed and privileged to watch our newest girls who had never recruited before step up in a way that simply (for lack of better words) blew my mind! i could not be more confident in the women i am leaving my most cherished posession to. i know in my heart they are going to do amazing things for my sorority and i will be nothing but proud of any and EVERYthing they accomplish. the most beatiful thing i gained from this weekend was more than just 25 amazing new assets to our chapter. more than memories with my sisters that will last me a lifetime. it was peace...peace in knowing that i have had the absolute BEST college experience because of these girls...i wouldn't change a thing. here are some pictures of the BEAUTY that took place this weekend :)


open rounds...everyone wore either navy blue, yellow or white :) everyone looked amaXIng

me and the best ready for open rounds

my sweet, sweet family after open rounds was finally over....and they still look stunning!

after philanthropy day rounds were over, some of us went to the UWG football game :)

me and my pretty little sister!

representing the best while i cheer on the football team!

sisterhood day-we all wore black & white and decorated our house with black, white and PINK...loved it!

my incredible chapter with our precious and FUN new girls

the beautiful new baby xi's! *they're nametags were palm trees and flowers because we had a luau at bid night! *just another day in PARADISE :)

this is me and ashton....sweet story time: last year, i was on panhellenic exec and i knew my chapter wanted ashton more than anything. so i kept an eye on her during recruitment and tried to be there for her as much as i could. needless to say, when bid night finally rolled around, she got a bid from alpha xi delta and held my hand the entire sprint back to the house....we took a picture like this last year because i was so excited she was an alpha xi. so this is our remake from one year ago :)

the seniors...
i can't believe this was our last time doing this...it's crazy to think where the time as gone.
love them all & can't wait to grow old with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment