CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

beauty #15: discoveries

like the blog says, i am searching for things that are beautiful in my life.
things that make me who i am.
and things i learn about myself everyday.
so here are some recent discoveries i have made:

1. i can MAKE my own beautiful header for my beautiful blog!!
i was so incredibly bored with that dumb picture i had and i couldn't figure out how on earth everyone got these cute headers for their blogs...so i started playing with publisher and voile! the finished product!
i am SO pumped that now i can make my own headers for my blog and they can go with the seasons! yay!

2. i am starting to learn what matters and what doesnt. for example, it doesnt matter that im single. im only 21 and i still have 2 more years of grad school....i used to be in a huge rush to find a boyfriend so i could be a cute little couple....but being happy with me is way more important. so love will just have to wait until God brings him to me.

3. i have GOT to start getting motivated in the mornings. the upside to having morning classes: i am done by noon-ish and i can come back and take a nap. the downside? i also know that after my nap i can shower and look cute that afternoon. my hero kristy keith (an alpha xi delta national advisor) would fall out if she saw me some mornings. she is head leader of what alpha xi delta's across the country call "the anti-dirty-girl campaign"...basically, NOT wearing tshirts and gym shorts with your hair in a mess on the top of your head (my attire almost every day). so...dear self, we are going to start getting up and getting ready and looking cute! (or else the above mentioned #2 will NEVER happen...duh!)


NOT cutting it...
4. my BIGGEST pet peeve in the entire world is when people make plans to do something and then back out on you. now ive always been a go-with-the-flow kind of girl...and i still am for the most part. and i understand that sometimes, things come up and plans change. but come on people! if you say youre going to do something....do it! follow through. dont make excuses. (i feel better now :)...haha!)

5. i have NEVER wanted to have a little girl...ever. i have always wanted to be the mother of three rowdy, rough and tumble boys that play football and baseball. yes i said three...i think little boys are awesome. BUT....my best friend stephanie has a little girl who is just about to turn one. my sweet little riley is the most precious thing ever and she just got her ears pierced! playing with her and loving her has officially made me want a little girl (in about 4573295 years of course) and my mom thinks its hysterical because i always swore i would never want a girl. but tell me...how on earth could you NOT want one of these?
isn't she adorable?!


yes...those are baby PEARLS in her ears :)

6. as applications to graduate schools approach, i discovered that i really wish i had worked harder in my core classes. dont get me wrong...i had a BLAST my first two years of school. but now...its really starting to bite me in the rear. and while my GPA isnt a complete disaster...it could definitely be a lot better.

7. final discovery of the day...im really not ready to graduate....i dont want to buy a cap & gown. i dont want to leave my best friends. i dont want to live on my own going to grad school. someone tell me how to stop time! wouldnt that just be great?

i was talking to my momma on the phone and i told her my head was telling me i just wasnt quit ready to graduate. she laughed and gave me a beautiful quote of the day...so i'll leave you with this...knowing that i do feel just a little bit better about things going on in my life.

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart... Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
~ Carl Gustav Jung

0 comments:

Post a Comment