CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

beauty #2: being a maid of honor.

so...exactly 8 days from today, one of my best friends, who also happens to be my cousin, is getting MARRIED! allie hannah temple (allie hannah to me..just allie to everyone else) will be mrs. patrick sullivan next saturday and i could not be more honored to be her maid of honor.

and here is how she asked me...it was precious...

one morning, i woke up and walked downstairs to my mom teary-eyed and smiling. i asked what was up and she responded, "oh nothing." false. so i ignored it and went about the morning eating breakfast, runnin around the house doing laundry and stuff. all the while, my mom was following me...not typical behavior. so finally i asked "what is going on??" she begged me to walk back into the foyer of our house...so i did. come to find out, i had been walking right past a huge bouquet of orange, red and yellow flowers addressed to me. the card read...one year form today, my heart will be a-flutter, please stand beside me as my maid of honor. love, allie. hysterical. i immediately said yes and we went to planning. i will post more pictures the day of the wedding so everyone will know just how beautiful this wedding is going to be.

BUT...

as maid of honor, i knew i was going to be busy helping plan..but i wanted to do something special for allie from me. something different that she could keep forever. so (with daddy's help) i made her a cross for her yard. its 5 feet tall!! (HUGE). i hand painted "Allie & Patrick, Est. 8-21-10) it is so beautiful and i really hope she likes it! (i'll be sure to post her reaction) i have LOVED every second of being a maid of honor and i am sad it's coming to an end. but i am so excited for the wedding and to post about it :)

here it is :)

allie & patrick's house has a "rustic" feel to it....so i made the cross to fit with the house

0 comments:

Post a Comment