CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

beauty #7: sorority recruitment!

so i know i have been a bloggie slacker...my poor blog has been super neglected. but thats only because the BEST time of the year is here. that's right...RECRUITMENT! i have loved rush since i was a freshman in college. and the more i think about it, the more my heart aches that this is my last recruitment ever. so here is my sorority story that i love telling....this is how i found the loves of my life...my alpha xi deltas.

inspring women to realize their potential. TFJ
i came to uwg knowing that i wanted to rush and be in a sorority. so i went through recruitment...i knew i loved every single girl i met on the alpha xi delta hall. they were all wonderful and beautiful...everything i knew i wanted. and then i fell in love with one girl in a different chapter. she was so sweet...she made sure to come find me every party. she told me she wanted me in her letters and she wanted me to be her little....i couldnt help but think in my head...if she wants me so badly, maybe i should go there. well i am the type of girl that hates to hurt people's feelings. i knew if i went to one chapter...i would hurt someone in the other, and vice versa. so my simple solution to that problem? i called my rho gamma (my recruitment leader for those non-greeks out there) the morning of preference..and i dropped out. it seemed easier to me. i immediately regretted it. i spent the afternoon crying and that night wishing and wondering what i wouldve done after i went to the ceremonies. and so i spent fall semester going through the motions and going home on the weekend. some college life huh? spring semester rolled around and i was finally getting into the swing of things. i had given up on the idea of being a pretty in pearls sorority girl and settled for being a simple college student. to my surprise one day, i received an invitation to hang out with the alpha xi's. back then, it didnt click that spring recruitment was going on. i reconnected with a lot of the girls i met through recruitment and to my biggest surprise, they offered me a bid a few days later. it was the greatest day of my life. how lucky am i to have found such wonderful women...sisters...who never gave up on me, even though i had given up on them so long ago? i have been blessed beyond measure to be a sister of alpha xi delta. my spring pledge class was awesome...all three of us! and we are currently the only entire pledge class to still be here :) love them!

so eventually...sophomore year rolled around and recruitment as a sorority girl started. i LOVED it..and i was good at it. i remember our current president LAH telling me how proud she was of me...and i just knew nothing could top it. then junior year rolled around...and i was on panhellenic executive council. i had to be away from my sweet sisters and it was one of the hardest things ive had to do. i would stand outside listening to them chant and cheer and i did nothing but cry. bid night of junior year was one of the greatest memories i will ever possess. after all the recruitees receive their bids, it has become tradition at uwg for all the new babies, rho gams, and panhellenic to RUN back to their house. and i was at a full on sprint. i ran faster than ive ever run in my entire life...and when i finally reached MY house with MY sisters...i dove into their arms and love like it had been ages since i had seen them. being away from your own sisters during recruitment is definitely an eye opener to just how wonderul they are...and how truly lucky you are to have them.

and so now here i am...in my senior year. at my last recruitment. i cant believe just how wonderful these women have made my life. nothing compares to the love i have for them...for alpha xi delta and everything it represents. for my (faded) light blue jersey with navy blue letters. for this beautiful sorority house that i have had the honor of living in for two amazing years. for my best friends that ive found. my hope and wish for everyone i ever meet is to know this kind of love...the beauty of this love that binds me to these women forever. what a lucky woman i am.

**on a side note...because i have been SO busy with recruitment lately...and since there is NO sign of relief...this blog is super special with a fun little questionnaire i filled out...(earlier this week...whoops! but i did say i was busy! lol) enjoy!

30 questions stolem from KLH

1. Do you plan outfits?


rarely. if you know anything about me, you know i am a procrastinator. plus i love waking up and feeling out my mood to figure out where i want to fall on the scale of cuteness for the day :) today's outfit? black top with a pretty little bow on the front. tan pencil skirt. black high heels. and pearls of course!

2. What is the closest thing to you that is red?

a heart keychain that my momma gave me...it's the kind you hang on your purse and works like a key finder! so clever!

3. What are you craving right now?

just ate some sushi so now i want a nice long nap!...and maybe some dark chocolate dove haha!

4. Do you bite into your ice cream or lick it?

definitely lick...you get to enjoy it so much longer

5. Have you ever met a celebrity?

several.


sugarland...jennifer nettles specifically!...when i was 16. and re-met her again when i was 18. i just love her!
i will always think she is just beautiful.


colbie caillait...the year she performed at jingle jam in atlanta, my daddy won tickets and passes to meet her so he gave them to me and my best. we got to go on her tour bus! so smitten :)
she had the sweetest personality. she was so soft spoken...and so beautiful. just loved her!


zac brown...he played at rumrunners my freshman year and afterwards he partied with everyone that was at his concert (this was way before he was famous or course) but he was SO much fun!
loved when her performed in carrollton...and gotta love his tobaggon.


and of course....cj. he has my heart.
calvin johnson.

6. Do you like cottage cheese?

i can stand to eat it...and could probably stand to eat more of it (and a lot less of other stuff!)

7. What are you listening to right now?

emily talking about recruitment. love sorority life

8. Were your parents strict?

strict enough to keep me on the right path. easy-going enough to let me enjoy life and have fun. they were wonderful.

9. Would you go to dinner with George W. Bush?

absolutely...i have so many questions for him! haha

10. What are your plans this weekend?

athens bound! and even though im a tech fan...im still pumped about it!

11. Are you clumsy?

absolutely. my poor leg is still recovering from falling trying to get in the shower yesterday

12. Favorite time of the year?

FALL....hands down. and for so many reasons.


recruitment.


football season.


you get to wear the CUTEST clothes.

wonderful weather that makes the outdoors just look breathtaking.

fall roadtrips will always be a favorite of mine.

13. Favorite color?

well i have several. i am a HUGE fan of pink. i love all things pink...except i hate that i cant wear pink..it just doesnt do anything for me. so my favorite color to wear? blue and green.

14. Are you sarcastic?

absolutely. probably more than i need to be.

15. Do you sleep with the tv on?

me and roomie put the sleep timer on hgtv and fall asleep watching house hunters. its our nightly routine that i love so much....definitely something im going to miss next year.

16. Name 3 things you bought yesterday:

biology lab book....yuck.


long resistance workout band...again, yuck. but definitely needed.


went to the scrapbook store with em yesterday..and even though i didnt buy anything, i can feel it coming soon.

17. Could you ever forgive a cheater?

no way. my momma always told me...once a cheater, always a cheater. its a lesson i had to learn the hard way, but one i will never have to learn from again.

18. What are you wearing?

quill. for those that dont know my sorority lingo...quill is "pin attire." it requires dressing like you would for an interview....heels, make-up, the whole shebang. so like i said earlier...i have on a black top with a pretty ruffle around the neck and a bow in the front. tan pencil skirt that i love. black heels. and like a typical sorority girl...pearls :)

19. What is your favorite candy?

anything chocolate. it's so awful for me but i just cant help it. i will forever be a chocoholic.

20. Any particular candy you ate as a kid?

not really a candy you can buy..but when i was little, i always made my momma make me candied pecans. i love the cinnamon and sugar. SO good.

21. Sexiest part on a man's body is.....

smile. i love when guys take care of their teeth and have a pretty white smile. its just beautiful.

22. What is your favorite thing that is green?

football fields :)
bobby dodd stadium. nothing will ever beat that skyline.

23. What did your last text message say?

picture message from spence...the bravos are in colorado!

24. What is your middle name?

lauren...my parents thought calling me by my middle name would be cute. when it fact, all it is, is confusing.

25. What do you smell like?

hopefully still like the love spell i sprayed this morning.

26. What is the way to your heart?

If you play: football, baseball or the guitar…im sold :)

27. What is the last movie you saw in the theatre?

sex & the city 2 with the girls
satc 2. LOVED it...LOVE them all.

28. What words do you use when people pass gas?

green! (it’s a game that can turn out super funny if played correctly!)

29. Name a song you know all the words to:

something beautiful – needtobreathe…my blog title inspiration

30. What your favorite childhood show?

oh my goodness there are so many. i was an avid clarissa explains it all watcher..and a huge fan of the price is right!

so i hope yall enjoyed that...just a little more insight into the beauty in my life.

1 comments:

AtlYankeeBelle

it was nice getting to know you :)

Post a Comment