CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

true life: i'm a huge wuss..

and I am perfectly ok with that. sorry i'm a little late at blogging this week...i've been in good ole B'ham this past week with my sweet bestie Whitney getting everything all ready for the BIG MOVE! i am starting to get super excited!
anyways...back to what i was saying...i'm a huge pansy.
so two weeks ago i went to the doctor to get my annual physical & to get a TB skin test done for grad school. so i went, they took some blood {ick...i know...forgive me...it only gets worse from here} and i went about my day feeling happy & fabulous. well...three days later, my doctor called me & asked me to come back in for more blood testing & this time, she didn't want me to eat anything after midnight {i learned later this is called fasting blood work}. i got kinda nervous &  asked her why, and apparently my glucose had been high. well...for those of you that aren't aware...when you google said problem you get the following results, in this order of likelihood:
1. diabetes {umm...whaaat?}
2. acute stress {....i'm always stressed...but it's whatev}
3. cushing syndrome {what the hell is that??}
4. pancreatic cancer {panic ensues}
so now that i'm good & freaked out...i go back to the doctor for more bloodwork. let's discuss some things really fast: i am FREAKED out. i had to pay $35 for this nonsense again...NOT a happy girl. i hate anything and everything involving needles. great. so here i am waiting for the lady to come in & take my blood...she gets out the needle and squeezes my arm. stick. stick. stick. SHE HAS MISSED THREE TIMES. so finally i'm like..."lady, what are you doing??" {i may or may not have been crying at this point}. she then SWITCHES arms...lovely. stick...she says "i got it this time!" {oh i'm sorry, did you not think you could do it?? sheesh} i hear her a few seconds later, "oh wow, this isn't wanting to drain." and then i looked down {WORSTE MISTAKE EVER}. the nurse is wiggling the needle in my arm. and then it happened...i got sick. she grabbed the trashcan in the room and handed it to me while i finished. so embarassing...but at this point i really didn't care. i was totally pissed. so needless to say...it was NOT a good week for me last week. we are still waiting to hear back with my bloodwork results and i will keep you posted! {and for your viewing pleasure...the reason i hate needles}:
this was my poor arm after leaving the doctor...

my poor arm just an hour after being home...dumb nurse.

and THIS is my arm the next morning. NOT a happy girl.
hope y'all had a better last week than i did & a super fabulous 4th!

1 comments:

Megan

Ahhhh, I hate hate hate getting my blood drawn! And they are always SO rough! I have definitely learned to never ever Google symptoms. Haha.

Post a Comment