CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

beauty #....well let's just discuss a few things...

My life has changed SO much since my last post...back in *cough cough* November! Yeeks! I'm such a slacker...but I am taking a new initiative with this blog. My life is about to be in a whirlwind of change. For example...


1. I GRADUATED from COLLEGE!

It was a bittersweet semester for me...I'm leaving behind some of the most amazing people I have ever been blessed to know. But I am SO excited for my future...AND for my best friends' futures.
Here is Emily, Kelly & myself after graduation

I am so excited to see what life has in store for us!  But right now...we are ALL enjoying summer.

2. I am MOVING!
to where you might ask?
behold...THIS beautiful state...
it's a GLORIOUS thing people!

Alabama the Beautiful...I can think of NO greater way to describe this state. I am SO excited to spend the next two years of my life with my dad's family. I will be moving in with my Uncle Mike & Aunt Kira & their 18 year old son Ben. Ben is going into his senior year and I am tickled the death that he is so excited to have me as a roomie! Ben is an AWESOME football player (quarterback babyyy!) and baseball player. I can't wait to spend a year with him to watch him grow and decide on his future...he's already received TWO offers to play football. KEEP 'EM COMIN' FOLKS! He's the bomb! ;)


3. Why move to Alabama you might ask?? For GRAD SCHOOL!! Yes folks, while I was away, I was accepted to not just one, but BOTH graduate schools I applied to. And if you remember from here, I was dying to go to Auburn University. And I was...believe it or not...ACCEPTED! And as exciting as that was, there was another school that pulled at my heartstrings. I went to visit the program and fell in LOVE with all the professors, the clinic, and even the students I met that already went there. And better yet, it is only 15 miles from Birmingham, where all my sweet family lives. So you may be wondering...what IS this school of choice?? Here you have it...the WONDERFUL University of Montevallo!!

The more I visit...the more I fall in love. I cannot WAIT to start classes August 29th. I chose Montevallo because while I will always love Auburn, had I gone there, I would have received the same degree as I would have from West Georgia (a Master's of Education in Speech-Language Pathology). And while that would get the job done, at Montevallo, I will be receiving a Master's of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Basically, I will have a better variety of topics covered in grad school and I will learn MORE about the medical setting rather than the education or school setting...I truly am beyong excited to attend this school in the fall :)

4. I cut my hair...and now I regret it.
before.. 
see the pretty long blonde-ness??



and now...
not terrible...but NO hope for a ponytail.


And so...the remainder of my summer will be spent growing out my hair. Let the waiting game begin!


and for the final BIG change in my life...


5. I am...in fact...DATING someone.
meet the boy...we will be referred to as J for his own sake :)


more details on this sweet boy to come...so stay tuned!

So this is where I am right now...somewhere in the middle of graduation, a move, sweet puppy love and a not so loving haircut. I am making this my solemn vow to be a better blogger...because the people whose ears I talk off....are ready for me to talk to other people :) Til then...goodnight bloggy friends!

1 comments:

Whitney L.

you loved your haircut until someone decided against it... ummm....

Post a Comment